The nationally distributed magazine Sojourners published an interview on Oct. 6 with President Joel N. Lohr focused on Hartford Seminary’s plan to change its name and logo.
The article, “That Doesn’t Sound Like a Seminary,” is primarily a Q&A between President Lohr and Mitchell Atencio, assistant news editor at Sojourners, which covers faith, culture and politics.
Among other topics, President Lohr addresses:
- Why Hartford Seminary felt it was necessary to rebrand
- How long a name change had been considered
- How much the change is related to the increasing number of people reluctant to identify with a specific religious identity
- How an older model of seminary education is not sustainable long-term
- And how the landscape of theological education is changing
For the full article, click here.